Creating a resilient society by fostering safe and healthy spaces.
- December 4, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: resilient society
All Safe City has had a very busy 2023, packed with events, exhibitions, strategic discussions and learning. We have directed all these experiences into refining and honing our service offering.
And we have been sure to keep our developments aligned with our objective to create a resilient society – fostering safe and healthy spaces for working and living. Every step of this journey continues to prove invaluable.
For example, All Safe City’s commitment to safer and more sustainable cities found its resonance at GITAX Impact in Dubai last month, an enriching and rewarding event at which we showcased our vision and connected with forward-thinking contacts.
Such events are an important reminder for us to remember that All Safe City is not just about creating technology for its own sake; rather, it also matters how we utilize existing technologies if we are to create real synergy.
The concept of safety is a profound and multifaceted philosophical issue. What does it mean to be “safe”? Is safety found in the comfort of your own home, or under the protection provided by your country’s military and law enforcement authorities?
We believe that safety encompasses a wide range of aspects – from schools to homes, and in public spaces, such as malls and hotels. By addressing the diverse facets of what “safe” means, we contribute to a more secure environment.
The challenge lies in understanding the complexity of safety and employing the best tools and technologies available to ensure that everyone feels protected, no matter where they are.
These issues are more present than ever, in a world that is clearly facing several challenges, all at once – what the UN refers to as “the triple planetary crisis”, i.e. pollution, loss of habitat, and the climate emergency.
In recent years, Covid-19 was the biggest example of a global crisis, redefining how we meet the challenges we are presented with. One of the greatest learning lessons here was the importance of preparedness, especially given how swiftly viruses now spread globally, undetected.
We also see new and fiercer climate-related challenges – more wildfires, more floods, more powerful cyclones, longer and more intense heatwaves, etc. – natural disasters that impact us all.
For example, until recently, we had not thought wildfires would impact Europe so strongly, as climate change in some regions of Portugal, Spain, and Italy were not correctly monitored. This made it impossible for authorities to identify areas most at risk during annual dry periods – and that list of countries is growing annually.
In terms of the current geopolitical climate, we see many changes to intra- and international structures, with consequent dramatic effects on people’s behavior. The rise of polarization of views in an increasing number of nations sees ‘left’ and ‘right’ pitted against each other, instead of working together to create the best situation possible.
As all this is happening, the world of technology is also in fluid motion – what you might have thought was new today is already old tomorrow. Think about AI integration, the advances in robotics, and also the Internet of Things (IoT).
IoT offers unprecedented opportunities for interconnectivity of things that would not normally have had internet connection in the past, giving us not only more day-to-day flexibility, but also giving us more data to work with, leading to better design, etc.
Take the increasing trend of ‘smart homes’, which we predict will become the normal measure of urban living, thanks to convenience, energy efficiency, AI-integration, and remote monitoring of, for example, more secure and safer environments for all.
At All Safe City, we believe that now is the perfect opportunity to create a movement where we can tackle these challenges, whilst simultaneously creating better living.
We are on a mission to create a resilient society, by fostering safe and healthy spaces, which we will achieve by embracing 5 key elements that interconnect:
1. Access for all: Democratize access to ensure that our added value is available to everyone.
2. Focus on prevention: We are the early warning system that helps individuals and communities shift from ‘reaction’ to ‘prevention’.
3. Connectivity: We offer guaranteed, uninterrupted access to our critical infrastructure.
4. Data availability: By leveraging existing technologies to capture a wide range of data, we can convert it into actionable insights.
5. Systems integration: Our synergizing of technologies and stakeholders will set new, unprecedented levels of health and safety, in living and working spaces.
We see that we can approach 4 different user cases where we can make a genuine and lasting difference:
- Disaster Management
- Elderly Homecare
In a series of articles, we will dive into each one individually and introduce our solutions to each case. For now though, here is a taster of each:
The Future of Disaster Management
The world has faced a tenfold rise in natural disasters since the 1960s, so how ready is society for the increase in frequency and impact that future threats pose? The question of how prepared our authorities are for such events is one that can prey on the mind.
Integrated disaster response, progressive disaster mitigation, and disaster prevention management are the key features of All Safe City’s strategic response by;
- establishing a foundation based on applying cutting-edge technologies that manage disasters more efficiently, managing resources and communications
- responding more quickly to disasters and performing detailed post-disaster assessment to better prepare society for future events
- developing systems that are capable of predictive analysis, autonomous response coordination, and systematic recovery
All Safe City designs AI-driven, integrated solutions that assist in mitigating disasters’ effects, helping create more robust management strategies that help steer society from “disaster response” to “disaster impact prevention”.
The Future of Elderly Homecare
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you consider “elderly homecare”? If it’s not something related to security and peace, then that might say a lot about the expectations we (and, presumably, our older loved ones) have of such environments.
During the Covid pandemic, such care homes were considered “sitting ducks” when it came to how relentlessly and mercilessly the virus spread (there was even a feature film made in the UK about the desperation felt by staff and residents at one such facility).
So, when we entrust these places to care for our family (and, later, ourselves), we want to be certain of safety, high monitoring standards, and immediate help when needed!
This is where All Safe City comes in, with a suite of bespoke products;
- an all-in-one safety solution combining fall detection, air quality monitoring, medication reminders, and emergency response.
- a comprehensive and holistic digital suite that integrates advanced health monitoring, telemedicine, virtual social interaction, and cognitive training.
- and an integrated ecosystem utilizing smart home technology, AI personal assistance (companion chat and care), biometric security, and augmented reality for personalized care.
All these features have been designed and curated to offer an unrivaled concept of homecare living standards, ensuring quality of life that extends for years to come.
The Future of Schools
Education is shifting – and the impact of digital is felt throughout the sector. All Safe City is developing an intelligent, integrated school management and safety platform that creates a secure, productive, and technologically enriched educational environment.
Blending IoT-enabled safety features and AI-driven educational tools, schools and colleges can streamline administrative tasks and enhance learning experiences by;
- harnessing technologies that enhance student’s and staff’s security, prioritize emergency alerts, monitor air quality monitoring, and ensure secure access
- embedding robust interconnectivity to curate an encompassing health and safety ecosystem, including health tracking for a comprehensive safety net
- adopting an AI-driven ecosystem, amalgamating physical health and safety with mental health needs, predictive safety analytics, and personalized learning paths
All Safe City’s innovative technological solutions ensure a secure environment for our future generations, providing a holistic, future-proof shield for all students and staff.
The Future of Hotels
The hotel landscape is changing: the pandemic made guests more travel-aware, issues such as hospitality labor shortage remain, and we expect more than ever to control our environment through our fingertips, requiring a deeper personalization of our hotel stay.
All Safe City’s advanced technological frameworks provide unprecedented levels of integrated hoteling experience, with innovations featuring;
- combined mobile check-in, room automation, personalized recommendations, and instant service requests, all offering a seamless and intuitive hotel stay
- seamless connecting of hotel services to the broader smart city infrastructure, pushing the boundaries of guest convenience, and promoting sustainable tourism
- a reimagined hospitality experience, via leveraged next-generation technologies that deliver unmatched ease, personalization, and transformative experiences
We are developing advanced, digitally enhanced hotel management solutions, helping hoteliers, staff, and guests enjoy seamless, safe, and highly personalized experiences. Our exceptional blend of predictive AI tailors guest interactions and our IoT framework automates and secures operational processes, redefining hospitality convenience!
As mentioned, we will take a deeper dive into each topic in the coming weeks, serving as a reminder to readers of our mission – to create a resilient society by fostering safe and healthy spaces for living and working!
We understand that we can only achieve the safer, more secure environments we all seek by connecting not just our technologies, but also by connecting with each other.
We also understand that we can not do this alone.
We want to do this together – with you – and we are looking for partners to create this world.
Let’s continue the conversation! You are invited to join the movement as a partner, experience our features and benefits, and examine what we can do further.